Hydraulic fluids are very important for a vehicle, as without it you can’t move and can’t do anything. In case of any problem with the hydraulic fluid then you can’t do anything and can’t move the vehicle. So, it is important to maintain the hydraulic fluid in a good condition so that you can avoid any problems.
It can be said that the fluid in a vehicle should be changed at regular intervals, but you can’t change the fluid when there is some problem in it. In such cases, you need to have a professional who can change the fluid in your vehicle. If you are going to change the hydraulic fluid in your vehicle then you need to know some things about it.
What is a hydraulic fluid?
In case of an engine-powered vehicle, hydraulic fluid is the one that makes sure that the motor works smoothly and helps to get the desired power. It is also known as the oil of your vehicle.
The hydraulic fluid consists of different types of chemicals that are used to lubricate and cool the engine and other components.
It also contains anti-corrosive agents which are used to prevent corrosion and protect the engine parts.
Why do you need to change the hydraulic fluid?
There are several reasons for changing the hydraulic fluid in a vehicle and one of them is that the original hydraulic fluid in your vehicle will get old and there will be a change in its consistency.
You will get some signs and symptoms in your vehicle like:
- Your vehicle will be making noises while starting or while moving
- The engine won’t start after some time
- The engine will stop while moving and will not start again
- The engine will become hot while running
- The engine will get stuck in different gears while moving
- The vehicle will have problems in the fuel system
If you are getting any of the above-mentioned issues in your vehicle then you should change the hydraulic fluid in it as soon as possible. It is because if you don’t change the fluid then it can lead to severe damage to your vehicle. You need to change the fluid as soon as possible so that you can avoid the damages.
Video on How to Change Hydraulic Fluid in Cub Cadet Zero Turn Mower
There are many ways through which you can change the hydraulic fluid in your vehicle. You can buy the same at a local store, but you can also get it online by visiting a specialized website.
You can also use a special tool to change the fluid. The tool will help you to change the hydraulic fluid easily and without any hassle. It is because it will make sure that you do it in an effective way.
In case of any problem in the vehicle then you can call a professional who will help you to change the hydraulic fluid.
Step by Step Tutorial
1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Unplug the alternator.
3. Remove the spark plug wire from the top of the distributor.
4. Loosen the cap on the hydraulic oil tank.
5. Pull out the old hydraulic oil.
6. Replace it with new oil.
7. Install the cap and tighten it down.
8. Plug the alternator back into the engine and turn the key to “ON”. The starter motor should now be able to crank the engine over.
9. Turn the key to “START” and let the engine run for about 15 minutes. During this time, the engine will be warming up and becoming ready to run.
10. Now, you need to check and make sure the fluids in the system are at the correct levels. Fill the hydraulic oil tank with the proper amount of oil. Add a little oil if necessary to bring the level to the “full” mark. If you do not have a “full” level gauge, add a few drops of oil until the fluid comes out of the tip of the bottle approximately the same amount that was put into the container.
11. Check the condition of all brake lines and the fluid in them. They should all be free of cracks and the color should be a dark, glossy black.
12. If all is well, start the mower and take it for a short test run.
13. If everything checks out fine, you can begin using your new Cub Cadet. Enjoy!
The above-mentioned tips are really important for maintaining the fluid in your vehicle. If you are going to change the fluid then you need to know how to do it. So, just keep the above mentioned tips in mind and follow them while changing the fluid.