Keeping Your Kenmore Dryer Clean: A Step-by-Step Guide
When it comes to home appliances, cleaning your Kenmore dryer is a necessary task. Keeping your dryer clean helps it to run more efficiently, and also helps to prevent any potential fire hazards. This guide will walk you through the steps for cleaning your Kenmore dryer.
1. Unplug the Dryer: Before you do anything, make sure that you unplug the dryer from the wall. This will prevent you from getting an electric shock, or from any potential harm from the electrical current.
2. Remove the Lint Trap: The lint trap is located on the front of the dryer, usually near the door. Pull it out and empty it into a trash bag. Be sure to check the lint trap for any clogged lint. If you find any, remove it with a vacuum cleaner.
3. Clean the Inside of the Drum: Use a soft cloth and some warm, soapy water to wipe down the inside of the drum. Be sure to get into any hard-to-reach areas. Then, use a vacuum to remove any lint or debris that may be stuck inside the drum.
4. Clean the Exterior: Wipe down the outside of the dryer with a soft cloth dampened with warm, soapy water. This will help to remove any dust or dirt that may have built up on the outside.
5. Clean the Vents: The vents on the dryer can become clogged with lint. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean out the vents.
6. Clean the Moisture Sensor: The moisture sensor is located on the inside of the dryer. Use a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol to clean the moisture sensor. This will help the dryer to more accurately detect when the clothes are dry.
7. Clean the Dryer Hose: The dryer hose is located at the back of the dryer and can become clogged with lint. Clean the hose with a vacuum cleaner to remove any lint or debris.
8. Clean the Dryer Knob: The dryer knob can also become clogged with lint. Use a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol to clean the knob.
9. Clean the Dryer Heating Element: The heating element is located on the back of the dryer. Use a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol to clean the heating element. This will help the dryer to run more efficiently.
10. Reassemble the Dryer: Once youve cleaned all the parts of the dryer, reassemble it and plug it back into the wall.
By following these steps, you can easily keep your Kenmore dryer clean and running efficiently. Cleaning your dryer regularly is an important part of home maintenance and will help ensure that your dryer runs as it should.