Clean Up with Confidence: 8 Steps to Safely Remove Broken Glass from a Dishwasher
How To Clean Broken Glass From Dishwasher
Cleaning broken glass from a dishwasher can be a daunting task, but it is important to ensure that the dishwasher is clean and safe to use. Broken glass can cause serious harm to anyone who comes in contact with it. In this article, we will discuss the steps you should take to properly clean broken glass from a dishwasher.
1. Turn off the power: Before you begin any type of cleaning, it is important to make sure the power to the dishwasher is turned off. This is done by unplugging the dishwasher from the wall or by flipping the breaker switch.
2. Put on protective gear: You should always wear protective gear when cleaning broken glass from a dishwasher. This includes safety goggles, gloves, and a dust mask to protect your eyes, hands, and lungs from any airborne glass particles.
3. Vacuum the dishwasher: Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any loose pieces of glass from the dishwasher. Make sure to thoroughly vacuum the interior and exterior of the dishwasher.
4. Use a soft cloth: Once you have vacuumed the dishwasher, you should use a soft, damp cloth to wipe down the interior and exterior of the dishwasher. This will help to remove any glass that may have been missed by the vacuum.
5. Use a glass cleaner: If there are still pieces of glass stuck in the dishwasher, you should use a glass cleaner to help loosen them. Spray the cleaner onto the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it down with a damp cloth.
6. Vacuum again: Once you have finished cleaning the dishwasher, you should vacuum it again to ensure that all of the glass particles have been removed.
7. Clean the filter: The filter in the dishwasher should also be cleaned to ensure that no glass particles are present. You should use a brush or cloth to carefully scrub the filter.
8. Check for sharp edges: After you have finished cleaning the dishwasher, it is important to check for any sharp edges. If you find any sharp edges, you should use sandpaper to gently sand them down.
Cleaning broken glass from a dishwasher is a daunting task, but it is important to ensure that the dishwasher is clean and safe to use. By following these steps, you can ensure that the dishwasher is free of glass and is safe to use.