Blowing warm air is one of the common problems faced by the people especially in the summer season. There are certain reasons why your air conditioning system is blowing warm air. Let us discuss those reasons and then I will tell you how to fix this problem.
If you don’t use your air conditioner often, then there is a high chance that the refrigerant level may be low. This may be due to various reasons like, you didn’t recharge it for a long time, you changed the filter or even you removed it and didn’t put it back. In all these cases, the refrigerant level will go down and your AC will start blowing hot air.
If you use your air conditioner only when it’s too hot outside and you turn it on and off frequently, then there is a high chance that the expansion valve may get damaged. This happens because of frequent switching on and off of the AC.
Another reason may be that there is some dirt or dust in the fan motor. If this is the case, then the fan will not rotate properly and as a result, the air will not circulate in the room properly. So, if you use your AC often in the summer season and you find that the air is not cooling down the room properly, then I suggest you check all these reasons one by one and try to fix them.
But if none of these reasons are the cause of the problem, then there is something else which is causing the problem. In this case, there is a high chance that the thermostat is faulty. This can happen due to various reasons. One of the common reasons is that the person who installed the system didn’t set it up properly. If this is the case, then just call an air conditioning repair man and tell him about your problem. He will check it for you and tell you whether it is faulty or not.
If he tells you that it is not faulty, then there is something else which is causing the problem. In this case, he will ask you to check the wiring of the system. Sometimes, the problem may be caused by the wiring and in such cases, the only solution is to change the whole system. But if the problem is not caused by the wiring, then there is something wrong with the thermostat. In this case, all you need is to replace the thermostat and the problem will be fixed.
Tutorial on How To Fix Window Air Conditioner Blowing Warm Air
1. First, make sure the air conditioner is not blocked by an obstruction. If you can’t open the door to the window where the air conditioner is located, call the home improvement store where you bought it and ask them to come over and take care of it.
2. Next, check to see if the temperature control knob is set at a high temperature. Try lowering the temperature control knob one or two clicks and then see if it helps.
3. If all else fails, check to see if you have the air conditioner running and if there’s a problem with the filter. If you’re able to hear the air conditioner running, then check to make sure the fan is turned on.
4. If the fan is on, make sure that the fan blades are clean. Turn the fan switch to the “ON” position and wait for a minute or so before turning it back to the “OFF” position. Turn it back to the “ON” position and see if the air is blowing cold. If it’s still blowing warm air, turn the temperature control knob one or two clicks in the other direction.
5. If the air is still blowing warm air, check to see if there’s something blocking the vent where the air comes out of the unit. Look for obstructions or anything else that could be causing the problem.
6. If the problem is still not fixed, you’ll need to contact the home improvement store where you bought the unit. They can usually send you a replacement part at no cost.
In this post, I have discussed how to fix window air conditioner blowing warm air. I hope I have explained everything clearly and you will try to fix the problem yourself.