Putting on the Belt: A Step-by-Step Guide to Installing a Kenmore Dryer Belt
Installing a Kenmore dryer belt is a fairly simple repair job that most homeowners can do themselves. It is important to note that the installation of a dryer belt is not a job for those who are unfamiliar with power tools and basic home repair. If you are uncomfortable with any of the steps involved, it is best to have a qualified technician do the work for you.
Before you begin, make sure to unplug the dryer from the wall outlet. This will prevent any potential shock or electrocution hazards. Also, it is important to use the exact replacement part that is recommended for your specific model of Kenmore dryer.
1. Remove the back panel. This panel is held in place with screws, which can be loosened with a screwdriver. Once the screws are removed, the panel should come off easily.
2. Remove the old belt. This is done by releasing the tension on the drum roller, located at the rear of the dryer. The belt should then come off easily.
3. Install the new belt. The new belt should have a V shape, and should be placed around the drum roller, with the V facing down. Make sure the belt is tight, but not too tight.
4. Replace the back panel. This is done by lining up the panel with its holes and screws, and then using a screwdriver to tighten the screws.
5. Plug in the dryer. Once the back panel is secure, plug the dryer back into the wall outlet.
Now your Kenmore dryer is ready to go, with a new belt installed. Remember, if you are ever in doubt about any of the steps involved, it is best to contact a qualified technician for help.
Installing a Kenmore dryer belt is a fairly simple job that can save you time and money. With a few basic tools, you can have your dryer up and running in no time. Be sure to use the correct replacement part for your specific model, and always unplug the dryer from the wall outlet before beginning any repair job.