Keep Your Kenmore Elite Dryer Safe: How to Replace the Thermal Fuse
The thermal fuse on a Kenmore Elite dryer plays an important role in keeping the appliance safe. When the dryer overheats, the thermal fuse will shut it off, protecting it from further damage. If your Kenmore Elite dryer stops working, you may need to replace the thermal fuse. Here are the steps to take to replace the thermal fuse on a Kenmore Elite dryer.
1. Unplug the dryer from the wall and turn off the gas supply if your dryer is gas-powered. Move the dryer away from the wall and remove the back panel.
2. Locate the thermal fuse. It is typically found on the back wall of the dryer near the heating element.
3. Disconnect the wires from the thermal fuse. Make sure to note the position of the wires so that you can reconnect them in the same way.
4. Remove the mounting screws that are securing the thermal fuse in place. Carefully pull the thermal fuse out of the dryer.
5. Purchase a replacement thermal fuse from your local hardware store. Make sure to check the size and amperage rating of the fuse you are buying to ensure it is the correct one for your dryer.
6. Connect the wires to the new thermal fuse. Make sure the wires are connected in the same configuration as the old fuse.
7. Secure the new thermal fuse in place using the mounting screws.
8. Reinstall the back panel of the dryer and plug it back in.
9. Turn on the gas supply if your dryer is gas-powered.
Replacing the thermal fuse on a Kenmore Elite dryer is a relatively easy task. It is important to ensure that you purchase a fuse with the right amperage rating and size. If you are unsure of which fuse to buy, you can consult the owners manual or contact a professional. After replacing the fuse, make sure to test the dryer to ensure it is working properly.